Tuesday 9 December 2014

I now love teaching

In 2009 when I matriculated, I wasn’t sure what I wanted to do, I had so many thoughts and I was confused. I always wanted to be a lawyer, this was my first option, and when i matriculated, many careers came into mind, I wanted to study journalism, law, politics, fashion designing and philosophy. Teaching never crossed my mind. I took a gap year as I wasn’t sure, completed a learner-ship with standard bank, and then I knew i had to apply later that year of 2010, but I still was not sure. I realized that time waits for no one, and I had to get going. Got some advice from my mom’s employer who suggested I study teaching as there were many bursaries, she then added that I can still study for what I desire after I have completed my B.ed degree. Having no choice, I applied.

To be honest, I never enjoyed my first year of study, I knew and felt it in my body that teaching was not for me, I even wanted to quit, I just had no strength to carry on, but then I realised how lucky I am that I managed to secure me a space at UJ and I realised how lucky I was to have gotten a full bursary. I carried on, and studied.

2012 I went to the best schools in Eldorado Park, (Eldorado Park high also known as blue school) this is the school which made me fall in love with teaching, I really enjoyed my stay there, the learners were welcoming and they participated really well in my lessons. They just made me fall in love with the teaching profession and I just couldn’t wait for tomorrow to see their beautiful faces and begin a new lesson with them.

Thank you so much to the learners of Eldorado park high school for making me realise that teaching was indeed my calling.
Thank you so much for the wonderful experience and moments I shared with you.
Thank you so much for allowing me to realise that teaching is indeed for me!!!

Again, thanks for the wonderful experience.
—-


image
image

No comments:

Post a Comment