Wednesday 24 December 2014

And this is why I hate Christmas….

I truly hate Christmas, I don’t find it as something I can celebrate or enjoy.

Many people love Christmas because it is “that time of giving”, but why only on Christmas day? Why not buy gifts during the year and give them out just because you can?

I view each and everyday as a time  of giving, I don’t necessarily have to give gifts only on Christmas.

Anyway, I’m planning on making this post as short as possible,so let’s get to the point.

I hate Christmas because I think it is for rich people.

They can afford to buy each and everything they want, Even some of the petty things they may never use, then end up discarding them in a bin.

While on the other side there are people living in shacks who can’t afford to put a hot plate on their table, who can’t afford to buy a loaf of bread on that Christmas day.

While other families are gathering around the table eating Kentucky and over the moon desserts, many families out there, someone out there is dying of hunger.

Christmas makes me think of disadvantaged people.

I’m talking about orphans in orphanages who are not sitting around the same dinner table as their families, they long for that feeling, they long for happiness, for love,and laughter, but Christmas just brings emptiness and loneliness inside them.

So many kids get to wear new clothes on Christmas day, while other parent’s can’t afford to buy their kids even a single pair of shoes. These kids  just like me (not to say I went through the same thing) end up hating Christmas, because they also want to wear new clothes, but because their parents can’t afford it, they end up feeling like outcasts.

I grew up hating Christmas because I’m a humanitarian, I don’t want to see kids suffer, I want everyone to be happy, and since kids/people from disadvantaged homes can’t get as much happiness like we ordinary people and the rich people do, it just makes me sad thinking about them.

I hate Christmas because it is a pagan holiday, many believe Jesus was born on Christmas day when in reality He wasn’t, God condemns using pagan customs to worship Him.  ‘How did these nations serve their gods? I also will do likewise.’ You shall not worship the LORD your God in that way . . . Whatever I command you, be careful to observe it; you shall not add to it nor take away from it” Deuteronomy:12:30-32

Christmas makes me thing of the sick in hospitals, the innocent in jails, eating food that is under cooked if not charred.

The sick fighting for their lives in hospital beds, thinking they might not even see a tomorrow.

The homeless, still homeless on this day, a day that many people deem as a day of celebration, a day of joy and happiness, to many out there……….. It is just a day of sorrow and strife.

Fuck Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment