Monday 24 June 2013

Why i refuse to be called christian

My parents classify themselves as christians, I don't. I don't have a problem with christianity or christians themselves, but I have a problem with christianity being a religion.

You may try argue with me and say christianity is a lifestyle, it might be, but christianity is a religion, and we all know that.

We all know that religion separates, yes it does, for there wouldn't be different types of religions such  as christianity, satanism, Buddhism, islam, Hinduism, Pagans etc. All these religions make it seem like there isn't a one God, but many Gods, Christianity claim that their religion is the only way to heaven, whilst Islam think that Allah is the only way.

So religion, segregates us in these little groups, and in these groups we have people insisting that their belief is correct because their "bible" that's inspired by their God tells them so.

Jesus had disciples, who were following him and his teachings, He didn't classify them as Christians, and there was no christianity or religion in Jesus' time.

And oh,  religion is indoctrination and indoctrination is wrong.

Ask any Christian what Christianity means, they will tell you that it means "striving to be like Christ", really now? Is it possible to be like Christ? No it isn't, I know that with God anything is possible, but we can't be like Christ, it is impossible!

I'll tell you why, Christ was born without sin, we were sinners, right from the beginning, Christ lived His life and died without sin, what about us? We continuously sin, no matter how hard we pray and ask for forgiveness, we will still sin, churches preach about repentance, so what do people do? They sin and hopefully ask for forgiveness and "repent", again tomorrow, they sin, ask for forgiveness and "repent", they do the same thing over and over again, I'm talking about them christians, who are striving to be like Christ.

Christ did not judge people, No, He did not curse, He did not have sex before marriage, He did not lie or cheat and steal, Christ was just never a sinner,
But christians do all these things and still convince themselves that they are striving to be like Christ.

I'm not a christian, so what am I? I'm a believer Of Christ, of God, I believe that they both exist, I believe that there is only one God, the one who made the heavens and the earth and everything that is in them, I believe that Jesus Christ died for my sins so that in Him I can be saved. What am I? I'm just a believer.

No comments:

Post a Comment