Thursday 6 June 2013

A poem to me, by me


Dear Evelyn I know what you've been through

I've seen you crying and screaming, trying to get rid of the pain

And the anger in you grew

And sometimes I thought, you might just go insane.

I admire your courage

You're a strong person, allowing nothing to forever bring you down

I wonder how you manage

to go through the day when people actually treat you like a foolish clown.

If I had known what your future will hold, I would have looked into it

I would have warned you about all the bad people and things

And I would have driven those people in a deep pit

But sometimes we just have to accept whatever life brings

It bought you a boyfriend who made your life miserable

Stole your happiness and left you confused and heartbroken

He refused to be reasonable

He left you behind, but that doesn't make him an evil person

If I knew what your future will hold, I would have lead you in the right direction

In the right path where you wouldn't stumble and fall

In the path of perfection

In the path where you would walk tall

But I can't predict the future, and that's why things turned out the way they did

Like getting yourself into trouble, got hooked up on alcohol and drugs

You were once an innocent kid

Until you started hanging out with gangsters and thugs

You started behaving strangely, you started bunking school

trying to figure out on how to get the next hit

Roaming the streets of Soweto, thinking you were cool

I never thought that you'd be able to quit

To quit drugs, an addiction so strong

But you were brave enough, to start all anew again

No one knows, what went wrong

But hey, what's life when there's no pain

Sometimes in life, we meet bad people and do bad things for a reason

Just to learn a new lesson

But if I was able to look into the future, you would have learned that lesson a long time ago

I would have held your hand, and never let go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment