Friday 23 August 2013

RAPE

Rape…..
You know….Evil people are everywhere, are they really evil? I hate judging, but I honestly don’t like people who are sadistic, who take pleasure hurting others, or take pleasure by seeing others hurt, aren’t we all God’s children? Don’t these people who do evil have any conscience?
Anyway, I want to talk about rape….
A six weeks baby was raped by her father, imagine, six weeks old, and already her virginity has been taken away by her own father. What was he thinking! If he ever does think!
And then I read a newspaper article, an 82 year old gogo was raped by her grandson! What is this world coming to?
It’s like we are not safe anymore…
Because we are being raped by people that we are close to, our fathers, brothers, uncles, grandfathers, couzins and even neighbors.
People that we should trust, people we should be looking up to, and they hurt us, they betray our trust, they leave us defenseless and hopeless.
I want to plead with anyone who was being raped in their lifetime, who was raped yesterday, who was raped today and who was raped a second ago, I want to plead with you by saying, please report the matter to the police, do whatever you can to put this person behind bars, because they can do it to another person, and only YOU have the power to stop that.
This isn’t the kind of freedom that our hero, Mandela fought for, And this isn’t the kind of freedom that many of our mothers and grandmothers desired. He didn’t say “okay now you’re all free, Do whatever your heart desires, kill, rape, or even steal”. Are we even free? If we can’t go out wearing our mini skirts and feel beautiful, if we can’t go out at night, are we free?
Married women are also being raped by their husbands, I know. Don’t sit there and think it’s okay because you’re married to him, leave that prick while you still can, report him, or do whatever you can to make him pay. I think it’s about time we as women, stood up for ourselves, it is called women power!!!
The poems bellow were written by me about 2 years ago. Enjoy.

A) I have forgiven you for all the bad things you have done to me
But forgetting about them,
seems to be a challenge.
When around you, I should have
felt free
But the love you offered me was
really strange
I was too young back then,
maybe that’s why you took an
advantage
With your power and might, you
still ejaculated
I tried to scream and shout but
still, you treated me like garbage
I told you it was painful, but you still penetrated
You still had the nerve, to lie to
my mother
You still had a nerve to bed her
at night
She probably thought you’re a
wonderful father
But the truth is, I couldn’t stand
your sight
It’s been six years now, but I still haven’t forgotten
Cause I feel like, I’ve been
robbed of my youth
You see, the truth never gets
rotten
And that’s why I felt like it’s time to reveal the truth
I might have forgiven you, but I
shall never forget
And I hope wherever you are,
you still regret
Everything you have done to me
For not allowing my soul to be
free
_________________________________
B) He Slammed me onto the ground
Pinned me against the floor
Commanded me not to make a
sound
Or he’ll kill me, he swore
It is then he took my clothes off
Took advantage of me
My virginity! My loss!
Why couldn’t he let me be?
Maybe I didn’t fight enough
Maybe it was just my fault
Why wasn’t I brave and tough?
Ofcourse it was my fault
The pain I felt when I lay there
and bled
It was hard for me to comprehend
Sometimes I think I’m better off
dead
I wish the world would come to
an end
I hate talking about this, cause
no one understands
My childhood memories I miss
Playing in muddy sands
Even though it is over and done
I hope that no one has to
experience what I’ve went
through
My new life has begun
It’s about time I start my whole
life anew
I know I’m not alone, my heart
goes out to each one of you
I somehow survived And I hope
you will get through this too
Today I’m planting seeds
Of faith and happiness within my heart
And I hope it never bleeds
Cause this battle wasn’t mine
from the start
_________________________________
C) Daddy I want you to know that I really forgive you
I hope you’ll find it in your heart to forgive me too
The things you’ve done to me I
can never forget
Thinking about them,makes me
really upset
I can’t even sleep
Because of the grudges I keep
I still don’t understand why you
brought me that daisy
when all you ever did,was to kiss and rape me

I wish you knew what you had
put me through
But forgiving you is all I should
do.
Forgiveness is really a key
Maybe I might find happiness
And set my heart free

No comments:

Post a Comment