Friday 23 August 2013

PROVERBS 31 WOMAN



And the proverbs 31 woman award goes to……..*drum rolls*……….MY MOM :D Nomvula Grace Makhubu.
Yipppppppppe!!!
image
The Proverbs 31 woman isn’t afraid of work, she wakes up in the morning and she “13looks for wool and
flax, And works with her
hands in delight…
19She stretches out her
hands to the distaff,
And her hands grasp the
spindle…
27She looks well to the ways of her household, And does not eat the bread of idleness.”
Well my mom is a modern woman, but I tell you, she gets up every morning and toils hard for her children and husband, for her family. And then she comes home from work, and she still cooks for us, even though she might be tired, she’ll still cook for her husband and children. I am 22 years old, and I assure you that my mom still cooks for me, does laundry for me, she irons for me and cleans for me! No I’m not spoiled, I do help sometimes, but this woman here, my mom, isn’t afraid of work and she is the proverbs 31 woman!
Verse 20 says “20She extends her hand to the poor, And she stretches out her hands to the needy.”
Like I told you before, I noticed my mom paying a school trip for two poor boys in my brother’s class, the trip was R75 bucks each, and she paid for both those kids, even though she doesn’t earn much, she felt like doing it anyway, I noticed my mom giving out food parcels, giving out our old clothes,  I’ve seen her preparing food for my brother’s friends who always accompanied him whenever he went home to eat. I’ve seen her lending money to the poor who never bothered to pay her back, but guess what, she still lends anyway!
25Strength and dignity are
her clothing, And she smiles at the future.
26She opens her mouth in
wisdom, And the teaching of
kindness is on her tongue.
- Strength neh, yes my mom is strong, judging from all the things that she has went through… She never gives up, and whatever she does, she does it with pride and dignity, most people come to her for advice, or sometimes they don’t, she just interferes and her advices lightens up people’s face. I remember her giving advice to this girl who tried committing suicide, she has never spoken to this girl before, and she went to this girls house and offered her advice anyway, the following day she came to my mom and Thanked her! Hugged her even. I remember her giving advice to this HIV+ woman,  you know what? My mom is a heaven sent.
28Her children rise up and
bless her;Her husband also, and he praises her, saying:
29″Many daughters have
done nobly,But you excel them all.”
30 Charm is deceitful and
beauty is vain But a woman who fears the LORD, she shall be praised.
Verse 28 and 29, yes, what I’m doing now is praising my mom, for all the good things she has done in Jesus’ name, my father also praises her, my mom has done and played a major role in her family. And I thank both my parents that they are still together after 27 years!!!
Verse 30, my mom truly fears the Lord, and I’m proud of her, molding us whilst we were kids to be closer to God, took us to church at a younger age, prepares us how to be good wives, that “women who fear the LORD never walk down the streets and gossip about God’s children, but instead they help God’s children.”
And then, my last favorite verses I like the most!
“10An excellent wife, who
can find?
For her worth is far above jewels.
11The heart of her husband trusts in her, And he will have no lack of gain.
12She does him good and
not evil All the days of her life.”
I’ve seen women who treats their husbands very bad, I’ve seen women who bewitch their husbands, who shouts at them, or beat them even.
My mom! A perfect wife, that my dad wouldn’t ask for more! That her children wouldn’t ask for a far more better mom! She is perfect the way she is.
I really am grateful for both my parents, the fact that I’ve never seen them drunk, they don’t drink , they fact that I’ve never seen them fight, and the fact that they know how to put smiles on their children’s faces.
I thank God for the prayer nights that we always have, 7 o’clock we pray, mandatory! And I’m grateful for what my parents have done for me and my siblings.
Thank you God for my loving family

No comments:

Post a Comment