Friday 23 August 2013

BOOK REVIEW


It’s me Anna
image
It’s me Anna, one of the saddest books I’ve ever read.
Anna grew up in a messed up home, her father was an alcoholic and her mother was a control freak. Her parents broke up, Anna’s mom forced Anna’s dad into suicide.
Anna’s life got ruined when her mom got a boyfriend, they moved in together with Anna in her step father’s house. It was then that Anna’s life turned into nothing but a nightmare!
Anna’s step father raped her every night, she was only 8 years old when all this happened, she tried telling her mom who didn’t believe her, she got pregnant at the age of 16, her mother chased her away and she went to live in her ex boyfriend’s home, leaving behind her little sister, whose biological father was Anna’s stepfather, Carlie, her littler sister, who was also raped by her OWN father, Anna’s stepfather.
When Anna was 32, Carlie came knocking on Anna’s door, she was 16 and pregnant, impregnated by her own father, that’s when Anna’s anger took a toll on her, and murdered her step father.
It’s a really sad book, not well written but worth reading. I would have never known about this book, it was my ex boyfriend who recommended it for me, and I must say that it really touched my life. 
It made me wonder what other beautiful kids must be going through out there, I feel for these kids, I want to hold them, tight and never let go, I want to save them and give them a better home. I love these kids, Raped, abused and sold to slavery! I love them all and I’m hoping that God will hear my prayers for them, and save them.
Here’s a poem I wrote on Sexual abuse, Yes it was written by Me :) Makhubu Nonkululeko Evelyn.
You’ve made my life a living hell
I cry all the time, I can’t stop thinking about those days
In the past I still dwell
I still think about how you  raped me. Your evil ways
All I wanted was to live a happy life
To play around with dolls, and smile
But you bought me more sorrow and strife
I’ve kept this secret for too long now, for a while
What exactly did you see in me?
I was just an innocent kid who liked playing with her dolls
A cheerful kid, who was happy and free
Until I got a new hobby, “licking your balls”
Everyday it was the same thing, me opening wide for you
I didn’t know what  I was doing, I was extremely confused
Now I know what it was, that  I was going through
I talked to a teacher, who said I was being sexually abused
You came home from work, and told me that “last night was fun”
If only you knew, that you left me extremely confused
I tried getting away from you,  I tried to run
And when you caught me, you left me all bruised
I tried telling my mom, but you said she wouldn’t believe me
And that if I did, you would turn your gun on me
I was empty and all alone
If only my mom knew the things that took place in the middle of the night
That I was fighting her boyfriend on my own
when all he did was to give me a terrible fright
I tried telling my sister, but she never listened to me when I was saying..
that “uncle James does things to me and I’m scared”
I tried talking to God, I tried praying
But it seemed to me that He never cared.
You penetrated me when I was only seven!
Told me that you were preparing me to be a good woman!
No one knew, up until I was only Eleven!
Up until I got scared…and ran
Thanks for reading my poem, just so you know, the story of Anna reminds me of a song by Ludacris and Mary J Blige, Runaway love.

No comments:

Post a Comment