Saturday 25 May 2013

To whom it may concern

Dear Past
I'm sorry that I disappointed you, I know you had many plans for me but I was too busy to realise that 

My friends tried to warn me to take it easy, but I was too busy for them, I was too busy to chat

You wanted me to go to school, get myself educated so I can be something in life

But I rejected your advice, I chose my path which led to suffering and strife

I have no one else to blame but myself, you believed in me and yet again, I let you down

Mixed emotions running through my veins, I'm not sure if I should smile, cry or frown 

Dear Past.

I'm sorry that I couldn't be what you wanted me to be.

I'm sorry that I rejected advice from thee...

back then I thought I was cool, hung up with friends who introduced me to drugs 

I wanted nothing to do with school, I enjoyed chilling with drug dealers and thugs 

But I've changed my bad ways, just thought I should let you know.

I've learnt from my mistakes, and in life, I shall never stoop that low.

2. Dear Present.

Everyday is a challenge for me, I've learnt that life is not always a bed of roses

I've decided to chase my dreams, as the door of success closes 

I couldn't be a scientist, nor a lawyer that I wanted to be.

But I want to be a teacher, so that the young ones can learn from me 

I want to teach them about life, and pass on my knowledge to them 

I want them to know that, we as humans, we always do mistakes, but we can learn from them 

Going to school everyday, submitting my assignments, is not easy, but worth it.

I know one day my suffering will pay of, i'll be successful in life, and full of wit

Dear Present.

You remember the day I was depressed and you forced me to attempt suicide?

I could've died that day, but when I thought about it, I decided to put your advice aside 

You refuse to be kind to me, you do whatever you can to make me lose hope 

But I refuse to be defeated by you, I do whatever I can to cope 

I refuse you to make me the product of my past 

I refuse you to bring me happiness that doesn't last 

I refuse you to take my dreams away from me.

I will fight you all the way until you let me be!

3. Dear future.

I can see you running away from me, running away as fast as you can 

I defeated my past, and far away I ran

What makes you think I cannot catch you? What makes you think you're faster than I?

You cannot stop me from achieving my dreams, I want to reach for the sky 

And when I do, I want a golden seat to be reserved for me 

Cause then my life will be filled with glee.

I will tell you stories behind my success, stories of how I made it in life.

I will tell you even my secrets, of how I Combated my strife

I refuse to be rejected by you, I refuse to be left in the dark 

Just like those high achievers, I want to leave my own mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment