Saturday 25 May 2013

You're blessed today

I applied for a job a while ago, and the "boss" sent me an email and said I got the job, but there were complications, I've been waiting for details about the job, when I was going to start, how many hours per day,etc. Since today I haven't gotten a reply from him, and when I checked his website, he had already gotten hold of people whom he wants the most.

I'm a bit disappointed, but I'm not gonna sulk about this. I realised that there's something better in store for me, maybe this was/ is not the job that God had wanted me to have, and He wants to bless me with something bigger and better, so I'm just gonna wait and see what God's plan is for me. (Jeremiah 29:11).

Now back to the topic. You're blessed today! Have you ever realised that we always take for granted things that we should be grateful of?

Do you ever wake up in the morning and say "thanks God for yet another day?"
If not, then you should, because thousands of people didn't wake up today, they didn't see the sun rise and they didn't hear the birds sing. Be grateful for today, God has given you this day for you to rejoice in it.

You're blessed today because you have a family. How many orphans do you know of? They are strong aren't they? Now if you were to put yourself in their shoes, not having a family, like siblings, and parents, do you think you'd be able to walk in their shoes? Carry the load that God has given them? Be grateful for your family, for you are blessed.

Many people are scratching in rubbish bins looking for something to eat, some don't have a roof over their heads, are you grateful for what you have? For the food you eat, and the house that you live in? 

Don't you see that you are blessed? How many people out there are fighting for their lives, but day by day they grow weaker, they lose faith and hope, and they think they might not even see a tomorrow.
You're strong and healthy because it is by the grace of God, are you grateful to him for what you really have?

Next time you pray, take some time to thank God for what you have, thank Him for everything, even for the little things such as.... Water, yes, water, many of us take that resource for granted. Thank God for what he has blessed you with.

Let's pray.

Dear Jesus,
I come to you today and I confess that I am a sinner, I have done many things that don't please you, and I'm asking you to enter my life and cleanse me so I can be a better person.

I thank you for the food I eat on a daily basis, for the family I have, for the education I receive (if you're a learner), for the work I have (if you have a job), for the love that you continue to bless me with, and most importantly, I thank thee for giving me yet another day, for me to be glad and rejoice in it, and for the strength and health that you have blessed me with.

I pray for those who are mourning right now, may you enter their hearts and lives and comfort them, I pray for those who are sick, in hospitals, in homes, or in the streets, I pray that by the name of our almighty Lord, they may be saved, I pray for those who are hungry and thirsty, may you give them today their daily bread they so desperately need, I pray for those who are in great danger, who are being kidnapped, who are being rapped and abused, may you rescue the from the devils hands. but most importantly, I pray for those who do not believe in you, may you enter their lives so they can accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and saviour. Thank you God, for everything you have done, and you will continue doing for me.
In Jesus name we pray.

Amen.

Ie. I'm from South Africa, and English is my third language, sorry for the bad grammar and spelling, I try.

No comments:

Post a Comment