Tuesday 21 May 2013

A special thanks to the people who actually played a major role in my life.

A special thanks to the people who actually played a major role in my life.

Thabiso Meshack Makhubu.
Well this man passed away in 1994 I think, I was 3 years old. I thank him for creating the Makhubu family, for meeting my grandmother and having a wonderful daughter together, who's ofcourse, my mom.

Jowe Joyce Makhubu.
This is my grandmother, who has actually played a major role in raising me up, yes she was an alcoholic, and I would get home from school and my grandmother would be drunk already, but through all this, she knew that I had to eat, wear and go to school. During my childhood years, my grandmother actually played a major role in being both my father and mother. And I thank her because today, I'm a strong, beautiful and proud woman because of her.

Nomathansanqa Bethel.
This is my great grandmother, who passed away in 2011, a day before her 96th birthday. I thank her because, she always reminded me to thank God for everything I have. She is the one who thought me to pray before I went to sleep and before I eat. She is the one who managed to get the family together, and to make peace in it. I thank her for sharing her spirit of ubuntu.

Nhlanhla Moffat Makhubu.
This is my uncle who made sure that I get a lunchbox for school. He ensured that I never missed any of my school trips, and I remember that he would sometimes buy me clothes for Christmas because he knew that my parents didn't afford them.
I thank him for treating me as his own child, for taking care of me and for helping me when I was in need. The family always say bad stuff about him, but this is the best uncle I've ever had.

Nomvula Grace Makhubu.
This my mom who carried me for nine months, abortion never crossed her mind. We were poor back then, but she never thought of abandoning me and my siblings. She always tries her best to make us happy, she is the only one now, who manages to prepare a hot plate for my siblings and I. I don't know what I would do without her. This woman introduced me to God at an earlier age, I remember preaching at church cause she prepared me to. I was only 10 years old when I started reading the bible all by myself.
Thanks mom, today I know God exists and it's all because of you.

Linda Mngxali.
I wish to marry a guy like my dad, a guy who knows how to raise his children, with respect and with love. My dad and my mom have been together for more than 29 years, I've never seen them fight, physically or verbally. Yes relationships aren't always a bed of roses, I'm sure they've had their ups and downs, but honestly, I've never seen them fight.
I thank my dad for being the best man in my life, he helps me with my school assignments, he helps me study, and sometimes we don't sleep cause he'd make me study until I master the content. But mostly, I thank him for never leaving my mom, for not having other kids outside this relationship with my mom, and most importantly, I thank him for all the prayer nights we have together, for the biblical verses we share, and the motivational stories he always tells.

My moms employer, Naomi.
I've never seen such a kind person my whole entire life. This woman, really is a God sent in my life. I remember in 2009, when I was in my matric, she called me, and asked me what I wanna do after matric. She made sure that I got into varsity so that I can study and be successful one day. She had faith in me, and that's what kept me going. This woman has done many things for me, she had bought me clothes, and I don't know what I've done to deserve this, she wouldn't sleep, busy applying bursaries for me, and I'm glad to say that, today I have a bursary and it's all because of her. She would send me motivational sms's at 10 pm, telling me how she believes in me and that I will make it. I remember her husband was the one who took me to UJ so I can apply, he practically never went to work that day because of me.
I cannot list all the things she has done for me, but this woman really played a major role in my life. And I hope that God will continue blessing her and her family, and that He will keep her strong for me until the day I graduate and get a job, so I can properly thank her.

Nombulelo Makhubu.
This is my older sister, who never takes sides when my little sister and I fight. She would make sure that there's peace in the house, she would try so hard for me and lil sis to get along.
But most importantly, I thank her for waking up in them morning at 4, making sure that my clothes are clean, for cooking for us all when no one wants to cook, and for cleaning the house when everyone is lazy.
Thanks Buli♥ I'm sure if you were never in my life, life would be hard for me, since I enjoy the madam life.

No comments:

Post a Comment