Saturday 25 May 2013

How would you draw the face of the world?

How would you draw the face of the world?


So my dad bought me a book, " what if we did it God's way? The ten commandments" by Loron Wade.
Interesting book I've ever read, the author begins by asking the question, "how would you draw the face of the world". I felt like he was directly asking me, and I was so puzzled, I paused a bit, and thought to myself "disappointed" the face will be a disappointed one, but I never really thought as to why the face will be a disappointed one.

Okay, I went to joburg the other day, oh I hate that place, its a busy dirty place where crime usually takes place, so I was making my way to the taxi rank, this "lady" comes to me and asks for R5. I paused. She was dirty, wearing a brown knitted jersey, she had no shoes on, the hair was just a mess, what was more puzzling was that, she had a small baby on her back, about 5 months old. And I asked her, "what do you want to do with so much money?" she said she wanted to buy bread as she was hungry, I asked where the father of the baby was, she didn't reply, and I asked if the baby was hers, she said "yes" an ashamed "yes". I did not know whether to give her the money or not. I just left her there, but then felt bad about it, then I went back looked for her, I gave her R3 instead.

I kept asking myself why did she make a baby if she's so homeless and unemployed? Children really don't want to grow up in such situations, they want to grow in a comfortable place, even if it is a shack.
Now enough about her, I've been to Joburg a lot and I've seen homeless people begging, I've seen addicts doing what they can just to get the next fix.
What is this world coming to?

I've seen teenage girls getting wild and pregnant, I've seen them running away from homes, I've heard stories of fathers raping their daughters, I've seen grandchildren raping their grandmothers, I've seen people getting murdered, kidnapped, I've heard even more worst stories than these.
One can only talk about bad things that happen in this world, but what about the good? Maybe the good are too disappointing as well.

I don't even want to touch the topic of poverty, as it plays a major role in producing criminals in our society.
Now really, how would you draw the face of the world?
Will it be a smiley? a big grin?  Will it be disappointed? Angry? Frustrated? Or sad?
I suppose the face of the world has its moments, other times happy but I suppose it is mostly disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment