Tuesday 7 August 2012

The life of an addict

The voice that was in me
The voice that never left me be
Introducing itself as crystalmeth
Led me to the road of sudden death

I curse the day that you and I met
My actions from then, I still regret
I couldn't go through the day without you
You made me feel good whenever I felt blue

You took advantage of me while I was going through pain
You took my beauty, my intelligence from my brain
You made me lie and steal from my family
Day by day, my life turned so awfully

I got sick for weeks, thought my life was coming to an end
The heartbreaks I had, no one could ever mend
Physically I was high
But emotionally I was low
I kept asking myself why
I had to stoop that very low

My life feels complete now that I've gone to rehab
Happiness has now filled that empty little gap
I didn't want to be judged. But it was the right thing to do
I had to go, since it was me they looked up to

It was hard living without you, a daily struggle I'll say
Eventually I got over you, feeling complete now that you're out of my way
I've been down that road too many times before
Temptations and cravings, feelings I couldn't ignore
Turned me from a sweet person, to a thing my family used to hate
Although I disappointed them, they still had that faith in me

No comments:

Post a Comment