Tuesday 7 August 2012

Something About Me

When I look at myself
I'm not really pleased with what I see
I see so many flaws
And start imagining of what I'd like to be

I may not be the prettiest girl here on earth
I may not be the funniest, or smartest young lady
But I've been blessed with a pure heart for what is worth
And I'm so thankful for it, daily

My big brown eyes, are what define me
For they are always filled with kindness and glee
My smile, my body I cherish
Even though some may view me like rubbish

Sometimes there are people who would want to pin me down
People who'll always want to see me frown
But that's because they are jealous of my accomplishments
Why can't they stop and give me compliments?

I'm proud of myself, for what I have done
I've been volunteering for two years now, and not just for fun
I've been doing this out of my kindness
Helping out orphans who are hopeless

I'm sixteen now, and there are many more years to come
Many more years of me doing great things
And I'm not doing this for an income
I'm just going to accept whatever life brings

I've been laughed at, beaten up, I've been hurt
I've been hated, and most times, treated like dirt
But once they started to get to know the inner me
They realised that it was time to set me free

They realised I'm not a bad person at all
And treating me so horrible was their downfall
They realised the hard work I do
And I've inspired them too

I want to leave many footprints in other people's lives
I want to be like Martin luther King, and change the world
I want to encourage many husbands and wives
I want to inspire them, to keep fighting till the end

No comments:

Post a Comment