Monday 1 July 2013

Society

It got me thinking this morning, that people will always talk, whether you do good or bad, people will always talk. So don't mind them, cause clearly I don't.

In this area that I live in, very few have matriculated, very few went to universities Or colleges to further their studies, and very few have no kids.
So they look at me and think "oh she thinks that she's better than us". Just wondering how do I think that I'm better than them?
Just because I have my matric? Just because I went to varsity? Or just because I don't have a kid yet? I don't look at people and judge them because of the wrong decisions they made because most people ought to learn from their bad decisions.

I see women, mothers, in abusive relationships, or they are not happy in that relationship, but because they didn't go to school, and the husband is the only bread winner, these women choose to stick around, because they think "whose gonna put food on my table if I break up with him? Who's gonna take me to spitz or Mr price? " this is the kind of mindset that these women have, or they choose to stick around because " I have kids with him".
I believe that in a relationship, even if its not in a relationship, but I believe that I'm responsible for my own happiness, I believe that my own happiness should always come first, no matter what. So why must I stay in a relationship if I'm not happy?

I guess this is the reason why I decided to go to varsity, I want to be independent, I don't want to be like these women who can't escape from the devil's claws, who seek happiness but can't find it, who live in a hell hole and they can't seem to escape from it. I want to be independent, I don't want to make any man the sole source of my happiness. Having someone to love should enhance my life, not define it. I can't imagine myself being humped every night by a man I no longer love just for him to give me some money, to buy me clothes or put food on my table. This is the reason why I want to be independent, and to me, I can only be independent if I go to varsity and pursue my dreams. Sure, going to varsity doesn't mean that I'm guaranteed a job, but by getting that little piece of paper it means that I have something to fall back on, do you get my drift?

I believe in education, both formal and informal, because education gives you the chance to obtain the skills and knowledge you will need to pursue your career. I believe that education liberates, it sets us free thus I think it is important for every woman out there to receive it because  they will learn to fend for themselves in the real world if they want to avoid being taken advantage of.
They will learn how to stand up for themselves. I see most men are scared of independent women, because these women are strong, they stand up for themselves, they can differentiate between wrong and right and they can't stand being trampled over.

An independent woman doesn't necessarily have to work or have a high paying job, but I'm talking about financial independence here, and I believe that independence is the key to happiness. What happens if you're not financially independent, and your man, whom you depend on decides to break up with you? Or perhaps dies? Are you going to run around looking for another rich boyfriend to sponge on?

Ladies... I'm not judging here, but it worries me to see women who financially depend on their men, who are not happy in relationships,who are in abusive relationships, both mentally and physically,  who choose to stick in a relationship because the boyfriend is the only sole bread winner in the house. No woman, in her right mind, in this life and year would still want to be a housewife....

So you...young girls....claim your independence, go to colleges or universities, further your studies, get that little piece of paper that everyone dreams to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment