Tuesday 23 July 2013

Psalm 23:4

Tonight's verse is Psalm 23:4.
I'm sleepy, and I'm not gonna
write much on this verse. Anyway,
it's 22:29 PM.

This verse says:
"4 Even when I walk through the
darkest valley, I will not be afraid,
for you are close beside me. Your
rod and your staff
protect and comfort me."

I remember walking from school to
where I live because there were no
taxis as it was late, I was in grade
11, and there were late classes I
used to attend. I got home at 9PM
whereas I took off from school at
6.
Anyway it was dark, it was winter, I
got home and explained to my
parents why I was so late, and my
mom broke down and cried. She
was worried, what if something
bad had happened to me? What if I
got rapped, abducted or killed...
Ever since I was a child, I always
knew that God is ALWAYS with me,
and on that day, I knew that "God
IS with me". My dad told me
something inspirational when I was
young, and i'll always heed those
words, he told me that I should
always put God first, I always do
that, but what I remember the
most, he told me that when we
walk by faith, God walks with us,
and He's the one who leads our
way, we walk in the path that He
has walked already, meaning he
prepares a safe path for us to
follow, getting rid of anything evil
or any sort of weapon formed
against us, so that when we walk
in that path that God has walked
already, that path will be safe for
us, and what ever bad thing that
was gonna happen to us will have
been defeated by God.
I wasn't afraid on that day because
I knew that God IS with me. I'm
using 'is' because He still is with
me.
This verse by King David reminds
me of 2 Timothy 1:7, it reads:
"For God has not given us a spirit
of fear and timidity, but of power".
There is no spirit of fear within
me, but of Power for I know that
my redeemer lives and I know that
God is always with me♥.

No comments:

Post a Comment